- Thommy Luke Boehlig was born in Solingen, Germany on April 13, 1976.
- He began his martial arts journey at the age of 6 studying Judo, followed by Shotokan Karate and Thai Kickboxing.
- In 1991 Boehlig began studying Wing Tsjun Kung Fu. This would soon become his profession. His early instructors are some of today’s legends of the WT world. He has studied with many of the world’s greatest WT professionals such as Grandmaster Keith R. Kernspecht, Sifu Emin Boztepe, Sifu Stefan Fischer, Sifu Hans-Peter Edel and Sifu Thomas Schroen.
- From 1996-2000 Boehlig moved from Germany to Australia to build up WT schools in Perth and Fremantle under National EWTO Instructor Sifu Stefan Fischer.
- In 1997 he successfully completed the professional training course in Close Protection “Bodyguard Training” at the IPSO Security Academy in Heidelberg, Germany.
- In 2000 he founded his own security company, “Proserv Security” with partner Chrisopher Nwazuoke.
- Between 2000 and 2002 he had appearances in German television shows “Die Wache“ and “Unter Uns“. He also pushed his musical career. He released the CD “Hinterm Horizont“ with the project “Das Motiv“ (Dance Street Records) and took acting, hip hop singing, guitar, bass guitar and drums lessons.
- In 2002 Boehlig was appointed Scottish National Trainer for WT within the EWTO by Grandmaster Kernspecht. Later that year he was awarded the distinguished title “Sifu” by the EWTO Organization.
- From 2000-2003 he starred again in the in the German TV series “Die Wache” and was stunt choreographer for the TV series “Unter Uns” in Cologne, Germany.
- In 2004 he worked as a close protection bodyguard for buddhist high priest Zuiou Inuoe and Cardinal Felix Machado of the papal council of the Vatican.
- In 2005 he founded the martial arts organization "Martial Arts International" (along with Wing Tsjun Grandmaster Allan Fong, Eskrima Suro Emanuel Hart and Chi Kung Sifu Thomas Resch) as the overall martial arts governing body for Wing Tsjun, Eskrima and ChiKung.
- In 2005 Boehlig was awarded the master level of Wing Tsjun, becoming the second highest ranking Wing Tsjun teacher within Wing Tsjun International. The German Chamber of Industry and Commerce of Cologne appointed him Trainer of Merchants of Sports and Fitness.
- Additionally he was appointed “Master of Wing Tsjun” and “Dai-Sifu” by Grandmaster Allan Fong, making him head of his organization.
- In 2006 he accepted the appointment as international chief examiner of Wing Tsjun International and he became trainer of the City Police of the German cities Langenfeld and Hilden for intervention techniques.
- In 2007 he published his first book "The Art of Fighting" and the DVD "Wing Tsjun".
- In 2009 he appointed his oldest student Sifu David Martin Pascual to become a master of Wing Tsjun, which traditionally made him grandmaster of the style.
- 2010, Due to the fact that his organization no longer exclusively offered Wing Tsjun, he changed the name of his corporation to Boehlig Defense Systems (BDS).
- By late 2010 his BDS system had evolved to BDS Wing Tsjun (for adults and teenagers), BDS Kung Fu (a program specifically designed for children between ages 4 and 12 years) and BDS Prevention (a psychological course which focuses in avoiding a violent situation by using verbal skills).
- In 2011 the BDS system was expanded to include a law enforcement training series, “BDS Tactical”.
- In 2013 he published his second book, “Siu Nim Tau – A Little Idea”.
- In 2014 a new fitness concept known as “BDS Combat Fitness” was launched to enhance the existing curriculum.
- Later in 2014 Boehlig became the official instructor for intervention techniques for correction officers at the penitentiary located in Iserlohn, Germany.
- Additionally he was appointed “Scientific Advisor for “De-escalatory & Control Techniques by the initiative “Sprache gegen Gewalt” (Language Against Violence).
- The “Sri Lanka Police Academy” located in Colombo began implementation of BDS Tactical in the curriculum of all police officers trained at the academy.
- Brazilian Police Forces expand their collaboration with the BDS. In 2013, Boehlig began holding BDS Tactical seminars for the special unit “BOPE” and in 2015 the “Policia Environmental” from Maceio’ also engaged his services.
- In 2016 Sifu Boehlig launched the Wing Tsjun Online Academy (www.wt-online.com) which is now the largest online learning platform for Wing Tsjun on the worldwide web. That same year he began producing similar online academies for other martial art celebrities such as Escrima Grandmaster Rene Latosa.
- In 2017 Boehlig was appointed “Ambassador for Childrens Rights” by the charitable foundation “It’s for Kids” (www.its-for-kids.de). As ambassador, he provides leadership on topics such as family protection, violence prevention, assertiveness and self-defense.
- Beginning in 2017, Wing Tsjun International in cooperation with the German School of Prevention and Health, began to offer study programs for the following courses of study.
Bachelor of Arts – Fitness Training
Bachelor of Arts – Nutrition Counseling
Bachelor of Arts – Fitness Economy
Bachelor of Arts – Health Management
Bachelor of Arts – Sports Economy
MBA Sports / Health Management
Master of Arts - Prevention and Health Management
- In 2018 he became a moderator of the entrepeneur´s branch of the It´s for Kids Foundation in his home town, encouraging socially interested business people to give back by helping children in need.
- This line of work paved the way to a variety of business networks and he began to tell his life story and developed lectures to help entrepreneurs and business people grow their businesses by using the same principles, concepts and techniques he used to grow his martial arts empire.
- By 2019 Sifu Thommy’s influence and cooperation with business partners around the world had begun to quickly expand. Business networking organizations and businesses began booking him as keynote speaker to help their institutions become more efficient, profitable and successful.
- The unique combination of keynote speaker and authentic martial arts grandmaster sparks an exciting and enchanting experience. Sifu Thommy uses centuries-old martial arts to teach successful business strategies that captivate his audience.
Certainty in Times of Change
Effectively Winning the Business Fight
Learning Discipline from a Martial Arts Grandmaster
Rebranding your Life
Fight Your Way Through Business
- In June 2019 Wing Tsjun International published a business consulting program for martial arts school owners (www.die-erfolgreiche-kampfkunstschule.de) in German.
- In September 2019 Boehlig published his audiobook “Zehn Wege zum Erfolg“ (Ten Ways to Success) in German on Audible.
- In October 2019 Boehlig accepted the role of General Manager of „The Kops Method“ (www.kopsmethod.com), a unique and complex method for children and adults that uncovers and solves mental blocks and psychological challenges.
- Also in October 2019 he was presented with the role of Honorary Chairman of the Foshan Wing Chun Association. By that the Guangdong Province of China officially recognizes Wing Tsjun International and its associated schools as preservers of Intangible Cultural Heritage by teaching traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu and Martial Arts Culture.
- In December 2019 Wing Chun Illustrated Magazine dedicated their cover story to Sifu Thommy.
- Also in December 2019 has was presented with the role of Honorary Chairman of the Foshan Wing Chun Association. By that the Guangdong Province of China officially recognizes Wing Tsjun International and its associated schools as preservers of Intangible Cultural Heritage by teaching traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu and Martial Arts Culture.
Today, Thommy Luke Boehlig is one of the most prominent figures in the international Wing Chun Industry.
He resides in Germany and the United States and travels worldwide to continue his life’s work.